04 February 2008

Mmm... Mmm... Muffaletta

At the Superbowl Party, I also made a "Make Your Own Mini-Muffaletta" tray. I included provolone, ham and salami, along with turkey for the no-red-meat eaters, and veggie ham and salami for the vegetarians.

I also made my own olive salad, which turned more into an olive spread, as I decided to mix it all up in the food processor. I used a combination of an Emeril recipe and another I found on the internet:

Muffaletta Olive Spread

1 cup pitted brine-cured black olives, I used Kalamata, sliced
1 cup large (queen) pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp minced shallots
2 tbsp finely chopped celery
2 tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp dried oregano
1-1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Spread a generous amount on a kaiser roll, and add ham (or turkey), salami, provolone, and a tomato slice.
I was too full of gumbo to have one yesterday, but I did have one for lunch today.


Last night we watched, what else, the Superbowl. But, we also watched...

No comments: